Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm Gay for Tim Minchin (still)

Cast your mind back to the start of last month, when my enthusiasm for the fantastic musedian [perhaps I should give up coining portmanteaus] Tim Minchin was tipped into 'evangelical' after I heard a bootleg of a beat poem he performed at Eight Lessons and Carols for Godless People at the Hammersmith Apollo. Of course, no sooner had I posted the video, it was taken off YouTube, which was unfortunate.

Well great news! He just had it taken down so it wouldn't steal the thunder of the quality recording he was putting up! It now has jazz accompaniment, which disappointed me at first, since it takes the edge off the timbre of his voice, and I've embedded the 'unofficial version, since it has lyrics, but it pains me to not link to the official one, so send him kudos here.

No comments: