Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How many dumb Europeans will this kill?

When I'm browsing the internet in Ireland, my computer knows I'm in Ireland.

This information is used to automatically redirect me to region-specific sub-sites, deny me access to my favourite foreign TV shows, and entice me with hot young girls in my area who want to "have sex tonight".

Okay, so I sound a little begrudging, but at least it makes sure that I'm only exposed to pertinent advertising. Like this PSA from the American Heart Association... 


Dial 911 at the first sign of a stroke? I'll have to bear that in mind, and forget about that Irish emergency services number I had committed to memory...

2 comments:

Sully said...

As a blogger who is devoted to his cause, I dialed 911 on my phone to test this out.

It connected me to the emergency services. (I promptly hung up rather than admitting that I'm some dumbass with a blog tying up their phonelines).

How many dumb Europeans will this ad kill? None.

Jason said...

All those hot young girls are in Dublin, annoyingly.