Saturday, February 26, 2011

While I'm ragging on independents...

One of the independent candidates running in yesterday's election certainly has his act together when compared with the less accomplished lunatics also vying for election to the Dáil.

He has a website! He has proof of a previous leadership role! He has posters! He has laid out his policies. He even has an election-anthem:



Why should you vote for Dillon? Cos Dillon's gonna win! The song even says it!

One fateful night, he called to my mother's door at dinnertime. I told him I didn't want to stay long, and he gave me his five second pitch and shook my hand. Decent chap. I liked him. He gave me a flyer:


Neat! An independent who doesn't openly display an easily-diagnosed mental illness! Let's have a look here...


"@dillondelivers@twitter.com?" Sorry John, you just got bumped to #2.

2 comments:

gammagoblin said...

I saw his posters when I was in Limerick the other day. I remember thinking: "I wish I could vote for Tom Dillion". Clearly his posters were only working at 50% but it appears to be a strong 50%.

Anonymous said...

Let me enlighten you Paddy, what you need, right, is not that independent boy, but some honest thatcherite policies from Cameron; union-back and bank breaking straightforwardness to fix you Irish lads economy; the Irish bog separatists have been exposed as barbarous reckless savages, for god's sake put the Po tay-ta down mickey and let westminster men handle things.